Wednesday 27 August 2008

Artist profile - Stephanie Winther

Stephanie Winther - jewellery

After being invited to study Design and Technology jewellery at Box Hill Senior Secondary College during VCE, I then studied at Northern Metropolitan Institute of TAFE. After graduating I curated the Diploma of Arts – Product Design Jewellery graduate exhibition at Synergy Gallery and also won the Koodaks Product Design Award.

I have studied Small Business Management and am now in the second year of running my own business.

My work reflects the simplicity of basic design elements; line and form. The clean textures and flowing surfaces relate to the tools I use and my working environment. I enjoy the problem solving process of taking an idea and creating a physical piece. I plan to teach jewellery in the future, to pass on the skills and knowledge others have given me.

No comments: